Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Blind date

I bit the bullet last weekend and went out on a blind date with this guy named Jeremy that my friend Tammy knows. Tammy and her boyfriend Rick (aka, Mr. Wescott, my Government teacher at ORU) also went along. I spent the entire weekend shopping, making sure I had the right outfit, that my nails were done, and that all was good.

Let me just say that I really ended up feeling like I wasted two hours of my time, in addition to all the time I spent "primping" for this date. Jeremy works in politics. Rick Wescott is running for city council. Can you figure out what ALL of the conversation was about? Yes, at one point he realized that he was talking all politics and asked me what I did. I got out about a sentence or two.

I was rather disappointed, though, in the whole experience. I stepped outside of my box, and I end up at a nice restaurant, with great music, and a sucky date who didn't even want to get to know anything about me. I wonder if maybe I give off an "air" that shoves people from me. Generally I think I'm a nice person, fairly intelligent, and I have a bit of a sense of humor, though that has been developing for years and it is quite dry. But this is perplexing to me; what is wrong with me? If I knew, I would try to fix it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Blind dates are from satan. Remember my terrible blind date experience in college? (gag me now!)

If he wasn't even polite enough to listen to you talk about what you do, then he's a loser and you're better off without him. Plus, he sounds really boring. Wouldn't you rather go out with someone who shares some of your interests?

Just thank God for a free meal. (Please tell me that he at least paid!)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I have to agree with Christie. Blind dates...well, there's just nothing good about them. I suppose there are occasions where something good can come from them, but they are by definition awkward and weird even if the person is likable. (Case in point: Hairless Cat Boy, who, to those who don't know the story, is not bald, as the name suggests, but has a hairless cat that looks like it could have come straight out of a horror movie.) Anyway, we had a good time, more or less. But it was still just weird.

Anyway, I have to go with your mom's response to the blind date. You really don't want to be with someone so self-centered that he couldn't give you the time of day and could only talk about himself and his interests. Chalk it up to a good learning/dating experience and the fact that you now know someone who you didn't know before. There are going to be other guys, and I have no doubt that you are going to find guys you do connect with.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Chandi said...

Good for you for going for it! Blind dates suck, though, I agree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you, as you said, it´s just that you haven´t found the right one yet... it´ll come in time. Easier said than believed, trust me, I know. :) Hang in there, girl!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home