Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dress code

Question 1: Is it appropriate for guys to wear their jeans so that their boxers are visible to the world?

My answer: No. I don't want to see anyone's underwear, even if they are "shorts." Seriously, when did it become okay for people to walk around sporting their underwear as fashion. This is MUCH worse with girls wearing low-cut jeans and thongs!!!! My classroom doesn't have windows, so I never see the sun, but every once in awhile there is a moon. (ha, ha, ha)


Question 2: Is it appropriate for girls to wear shirts that are low-cut, especially to school?

My answer: No. If a girl is a slut, then she may choose to wear such a shirt outside of school, but school should be considered a breeding ground for professionalism. Now, I'm not trying to invoke ORU's former dress code on public school students; I just ask for decency.

And, when a girl is approached on the above dress code violation, it is NEVER appropriate to use the argument that it isn't fair that other girls with smaller breasts can wear low-cut shirts and I'm just getting picked on because I have big breasts. And, why would you want to have this discussion in a room full of guys??? Personally, I do not discriminate based on breast size; I believe that all young females should cover their chest adequately as to not distract the male students (or male teachers for that matter). Call me old fashioned if you must, but I really do wish that fashion designers would limit their low-cut tops to lingerie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I just have to say that chest size is not the determining factor for your level of modesty. We probably all have slightly different opinions of what is modest or appropriate in the work/school setting, but there are lots of options out there that fit within these restrictions. And lots of cute shirts that you can stylishly wear under lower-cut shirts so as not to be popping out.

Can't speak for boys since I've never been a boy.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home