Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Monday, April 10, 2006

To what lengths?

I realized today to what extent I want my students to succeed. I was teaching the quadratic formula and in an effort to help my kids come to a place where they could remember it, I sang them a song. Me--singing by myself in front of a bunch of people. Have I totally lost my mind? Thank God for two years of Dr. Carver! Before you know it, I'm going to be cutting a record full of math songs to the tunes of all of our favorite children's songs. I'll be a millionaire!!! I think I'm catching a dream. :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

Can I be on your record? I could accompany you on the electric cello, which I have never studied! :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

If you need dancers for a live performance, I'm sure my mom can come up with something!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Becky Davis said...

That would be great! It's really difficult to sing, teach, and dance at the same time. It's all about entertaining while educating. :)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

"Here we are now; entertain us. We feel stupid; entertain us...." Oh wait, wrong song.

Didn't Christie have a dream a few years ago that you were a famous singer? Maybe it's coming true. :)

12:14 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I did have that dream! And in my dream, Becky was more famous than any of us! I think we're really on to something here! If you need a backup singer, you know I'll be there for you!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

make a joyful noise. :-)

12:42 PM  
Blogger Becky Davis said...

Since so many people are so interested in the math songs album, maybe I should just produce it and let some of you do the singing for me. I could still be rich!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home