Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Monday, June 12, 2006

Mountains in Oklahoma???

Who would have guessed??? There are mountains in Oklahoma. Now, I have to admit they aren't the Rockies, or even the Appalachians, but it is something. Apparently the Wichita Mountains in Southwest Oklahoma (where I'm presenting at a math conference this week) are among the oldest on Earth. It really is a sight, though, to look out a window at the school and see these mountains in the skyline. I'm just not used to such a sight.

The mountains are the best part of this week. I'm in Lawton, Oklahoma. It's not the little town that I thought it would be, but there isn't much to it anyway. There are about 18,000 students enrolled in the schools here, which to be honest surprised me. Staying in a hotel, I'm at the mercy of the food establishments nearby, and there are not many. I'm sure there are sub shops around, but I haven't found them. Most restaurants here serve only fried food. Personally I'm tired of eating out and a salad sounds delicious, but I can't find a place that serves a good salad. Also, I want to know what is up with the stop lights in this town. They take forever to change. I imagine someone has run out of gas at one of these lights. All that to say, I really do not enjoy driving in this town, and yet tonight when I was out, the mountains (some may call them big hills) beckoned me to them, putting me at the mercy of the stop lights in this town. Oy!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I love that you're blogging again.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Chandi said...

I have mountains every day...though the Andes are probably a bit bigger than the Wichita mtns. So when are you going to come to my mountain range? :) You´d struggle to find a good salad here, too, if it makes you feel any better. :)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home