Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, August 20, 2006

School has begun

School has officially begun. So far, everything is going well. I haven't noticed any behavior problems that I am going to have to deal with, even though my largest class is two-thirds boys. I'm going to have to make an extra effort to pay attention to the girls in that class.

Tuesday night my graduate classes begin. One class doesn't even have a book! I figure it should be pretty easy.

My latest news is that I am going to be teaching a course at Tulsa Community College. I never really thought I'd be teaching college. I'm only teaching Basic Math (think 2nd-7th grade math), but I don't know how much homework to assign these adult students. Obviously if they are in this class they need some practice at this, but I don't want to give so much that they quit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss school. As an adult, and as an adult that loves school, I say give it to 'em. That will be your way of weeding out those who came to learn verses those who don't care. I would be one who who take the work and run with it, especially math. I'd give my whole left side of the body (can't give the right because I'm right handed) to go back to school and learn more. Actually, I wish I would have done more in college instead of hitting on the ladies ;)
I started grad accounting classes but ran out of funds. I loved it. Anyway, back to your thoughts, I think that you will find as an adult, as opposed to fresh out of high school, people will be more responsive to learning because they choose to verses college just being the next thing to cross off on the life list.
Dan Tichota

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home