Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Life in the fast lane

When I drive, I do speed, but it generally just 2-5 mph over the speed limit. However, I feel like my daily life is going so much faster than that. I feel like things are going so quickly that I hardly have time to breathe (much less blog). Life is good; don't get me wrong. My high school students are great, but they require me to give them a lot of energy. The grad classes that I'm taking are a 50-50 split. One is okay and somewhat interesting; the other I will complete successfully, but I don't think I'm going to like the class at all. And the basic math class that I teach at TCC is still the easiest thing I've ever done. It's odd, though, teaching people who are my age or older, though. I wish I could say that there is more to my life, but there's not. Just work. I can barely keep up mowing the lawn, much less house cleaning and grocery shopping (which MUST be done this week before I go crazy). As I sit here and reflect, I wonder if there really is more to life than work. As I peruse the first chapters of Ecclesiastes in search of an answer, the only conclusion I can come to is that man should enjoy his work because it is his lot. If that is the case, I'm doing okay but should at some point read something about what the Bible says about rest. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeanine said...

Your whirlwind sounds like mine! Glad it seems to be mostly positive, though -- a good bunch of students makes a world of difference, doesn't it? All the same:
Hey, you! Get some rest! Think of it as a good precaution before you collapse horribly and the once merry whirlwind becomes a nightmare!

Imagine this coming from me! Seems like it should be the other way around... :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

More to life than work? What? Inconceivable!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

You're right -- it's very odd to teach a class of "grown-ups." It makes me feel sort of in-between, you know?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Has anyone ever told you that once a month is simply not enough bloggin from you? Okay, now they have. I love your posts, but they keep not coming. What's up with that? :)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home