Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Accuracy Counts

Last night I watched The Weather Man. It is a rather depressing movie and uses the F-word a lot, so I don't strongly recommend it, but I was thinking about it today. On the front cover of the DVD, it says "In life, accuracy counts." The main character in this film had a great job, but he wasn't qualified for it. Despite his job in which he was chastised for his inaccuracy, his life was a complete failure. He is divorced, his 12-year-old girl is obese and smokes, his son is recovering from drug use, etc. He can't even have a decent conversation with his ex-wife. How many screw-ups did it take for him to get to this place? Likely it was a series of inaccurate choices. In life, accuracy does count. We must consider every word we speak, every action we choose to make. One action or word could make or break your life.

A few weeks ago, a 15-year-old girl from my school drove a car and killed an 11-year-old boy. She is being charged as an adult for 2nd-degree murder. One bad action; one moment of inaccuracy and a lifetime of consequences.

In life, accuracy counts. Consider it in each action you take.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

You know, normally I'm the sort of person who thinks, "Yeah, accuracy counts. Do it right the first time (and don't come whining to me when you mess up)." And then I am reminded of that girl from your school...and it makes me really sad.

Even those of us who are conscientious mess up. How perfectly dreadful, for the worst of our mistakes to follow us for the rest of our lives.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home