Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

It's been awhile

It's been awhile since my last post. I try not to post anything new unless I have something new to say. Lately my life has been rather monotonous, thus silence in the blogosphere. For those of you that use the blog to keep up with my life, let me answer a few common questions that I tend to be asked frequently (aka, Becky's FAQ).

1. How was your Thanksgiving?

Thanksgiving this year really was not all that great. I really just don't want to talk about it if that's okay.

2. How are your classes?

This question has several different answers depending on which classes you are talking about. As for high school, besides the days when I want to kill them because they are being idiots or the other days when I know I can't kill them so why don't I just kill myself because they're driving me up the wall, my high school classes are fine. No major incidents to report. As for my graduate classes, that torture is finally over. I'm one-third of the way done with my master's. As for the basic math class that I teach at college, that is over too. The students who made a habit of (a) showing up for all of the tests, and (b) showing up for the majority of classes all passed, which surprised me. Teaching college is different, and to me, a lot more frustrating that teaching high school; I suppose I don't like not just being able to tell them what to do.

3. How were your finals?

High school finals are still in progress but are going better than most other teachers. (That scares me a bit.) Why do kids today not study when they arrive to a class before an exam? Why is it more the teacher's job to prepare students for an exam than it is the students' job to study and review for a test? Also, there were no finals for me in grad school. (That scares me a bit, too.)

4. When are you going home for Christmas?

I haven't quite decided yet. Either Friday or Saturday (probably Friday). I imagine I'll stay about a week unless I get a better offer. Life is a highway, right???

5. What are you doing for New Years?

Same thing I usually do--nothing.

6. What classes are you taking next semester?

Well, I have had some problems with the phone system so I am not officially registered for next semester. My plan, though, is to take school finance and fundamentals of school administration.

Other notable items: I put up a Christmas tree this year; I am very proud of it. I think it's the first time I ever did one all by myself and it's the first one I've had since I've lived on my own (yes, for about 10 years now).

I'm getting a weed eater for Christmas. Woohoo!!!

There really isn't much else going on. I'm tired; I get up early and work hard and go to school. Then I sleep and do it all over again.

Well, feel free to continue this conversation with me at any point. I just thought I'd cover the basics for everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

So how did your "I enjoyed being away" line work out today? Personally, I'm getting sick and tired of everyone asking me whether it snowed.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home