Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Effect of Cell Phones on Little House

I enjoy watching Little House on the Prairie during my time off in the summer. Although I've seen most of the episodes many times over, I still am moved by the drama. (Don't make fun of me!) However, after watching the drama 30+ years after it originally aired, I've decided that many of the Ingalls family near tragedies could be prevented if they had a cell phone. Just imagine. . . when Laura runs away on the mountain and the stranger/angel Jonathan helps her reunite with her pa. Rather than building a large bonfire to get "God's" attention, he could sneak a call on her cell phone to Pa and tell him exactly where she is. Quickly Pa could call Ma and tell her not to worry because he now knows where Laura is and that they will all be home for dinner. Time and time again, the Ingalls family would benefit from having a cell phone. I could see this being some cell phone company's new line of commercials. :) I have to admit, Little House wold be much less interesting if they all had phones.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

I can just see it....

Pa:We'll save more time if we split up. Call me if you find her.

Mr. Edwards: Sounds like a plan, Ingalls. (Old Dan Tucker's a fine old man, washed his face in a fryin' pan....)

Ma: Take care of yourself out in that blizzard, Charles. And text me if you need us to come find you.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

Somehow, since I first read this post, it seems to keep coming up in conversation. Odd... :)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I wish more people like you would blog...
No, wait...
I wish you would blog! You always have good things to say, but I never get to hear them unless you stick them here. Share, please! :)

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home