Logic and Sense

Spending most days surrounded by teenagers, I wonder if logic and sense still exist. . . I am convinced it does.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States

Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Longest Martin Luther King Jr. Day Ever

Monday was Martin Luter King Jr. Day. Because of that, school was out on Monday. However, school was out on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as well. Okay, it wasn't all for MLK. It is amazing what two inches of ice south of the Mason-Dixon Line will do. Every school in northeast Oklahoma cancelled classes all week due to poor road conditions. The main roads have finally cleared--for now--but road crews do not clean residential roads. Thus for the last week, I've feel like I have been living on a ice skating rink.

Today we are expecting even more winter precipitation. Four to five inches of sleet and snow. I doubt we have school on Monday again and possibly on Tuesday. I don't know how much more I can take of being cooped up in my house. However, I don't know how well I'm going to do when I'm catapulted back into my busy schedule. I'm just going to use my time at home to try to stay ahead so that when life returns to normal at least I'll feel like I am caught up or even a litle ahead.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky Davis said...

It seems that MLK Day has finally come to an end since the snow, which at one point in the last 24 hours was predicted to be 6-9 inches, never came to fruition. It is good that we didn't get the snow, but at the same time it is a bit disappointing. I assume that school will resume on Monday.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Jana Swartwood said...

And now that the ice is gone....CHAOS! :) Hope your day went well!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Jeanine said...

I have to admit, I was a little jealous. Where's _my_ winter? Actually, we've been trying. Last Wed., everybody and their brother had a snow day (sans snow, curiously) -- "The first one since I was in Kindergarten!" one of my seven-year-olds said. And today, to cover up the optimistic eight-inch long crocus leaves, we finally had a few inches of snow! Yippee!

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home